NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE (OR AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE) AND OLDER, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
WINNER MUST EITHER HAVE A CHIME SPENDING ACCOUNT OR QUALIFY FOR A NEW CHIME SPENDING ACCOUNT. FOR IMPORTANT DETAILS, SEE BELOW.
- SPONSOR: The Chime 2021 Tax Refund Sweepstakes (“Sweepstake”) is sponsored by Chime Financial, Inc., PO Box 417, San Francisco, CA 94104 (“Chime” or “Sponsor”).
- GENERAL: The Sweepstake is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state and local laws. Entry into this Sweepstake constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules. Limit one (1) automatic entry per entrant for the duration of the Sweepstake and one (1) AMOE entry per entrant per weekly drawing, other than the weekly drawing during which the entrant qualified for an automatic entry. A total of twenty two (22) winners will be selected.
- TIMING: This Sweepstake begins Monday, January 31, 2022 at 12:00 AM PT and ends Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT (“Sweepstake Period”). All times appearing in these Official Rules are Pacific Time (PT). Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstake. The Sweepstake Period will be composed of two (2) periods:
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstake Period will be divided into eleven (11) separate Entry Periods (each, an “Entry Period”) with each Entry Period lasting one calendar week (Monday 12:00 AM to the following Sunday 11:59 PM). The first Entry Period runs from Monday, January 31, 2022 12:00 AM to Sunday, February 6, 2022 11:59 PM. The final Entry Period runs from Monday, April 11, 2022 12:00 AM to Sunday, April 17, 2022 11:59 PM.
- WEEKLY DRAWING PERIOD: At the conclusion of each Entry Period there will be a weekly drawing period that will start at 12:00 AM Monday and last for sixty-two (62) hours ending at 2:00 PM Wednesday (“Weekly Drawing Period”). During each Weekly Drawing Period, Sponsor will randomly select two (2) potential winners from among all eligible Entries originated from Automatic Entries and AMOE Entries (each defined below) during that Weekly Drawing Period. There will be eleven (11) separate, successive Weekly Drawing Periods. There will be two (2) winners per Weekly Drawing Period. The first Weekly Drawing Period runs from Monday, February 7, 2022 12:00 AM PT to Wednesday, February 9, 2022 2:00 PM PT. The Final Weekly Drawing Period runs from Monday, April 18, 2022 12:00 AM PT to Wednesday, April 20, 2022 2:00 PM PT.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all legal U.S. residents, age 18 and over. By entering, each entrant confirms they are at least 18 years of age. Individuals employed by Chime Financial, Inc. (“Sponsor”), The Bancorp Bank or Stride Bank, N.A., their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, Chime Financial Inc.’s business partners including the Dallas Mavericks, or advertising and promotion agencies (collectively “Sweepstake Parties”) at any time during the Sweepstake Period, and members of their immediate family (parent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing) or persons living in the same household (those living in the same household for at least 3 of 12 months preceding the Sweepstake Period), are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter for eligible entrants (“Entrants”): One (1) method of automatic entry per qualifying Entrant during the Sweepstake Period (“Automatic Entry”); and one (1) Alternate Method of Entry (“AMOE”) per any Entrant during any Entry Period other than the one (1) Entry Period during which Entrant may qualify for an Automatic Entry.
If an entry is received by Sponsor after an Entry Period and/or the Sweepstake Period final Entry Period has ended, it will not be entered in the Sweepstake.
Entries do NOT carry over from one Entry Period to another.
- Automatic Entry Method For New Chime Members:
To qualify for an Automatic Entry, for a new Chime Member, each prospective Entrant must:
- If not already a Chime Spending Account holder, open a new Chime Spending Account; and;
- Receive a qualifying federal tax refund direct deposit (described more fully below) of $200.00 or more to your Chime Spending Account during an Entry Period. Entry Periods run weekly during the Sweepstake Period.
The qualifying federal tax refund direct deposit must be either (1) made by the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) directly to the Chime Member’s new or existing Spending Account; or (2) made by the Chime Member’s tax preparer (e.g., H&R Block, Turbo Tax, or any other identifiable third-party tax preparer) into the Chime Member’s new or existing Spending Account. Direct deposits from the Chime Member’s employer, payroll provider, or benefits payer in the form of an Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct deposit do not qualify for Automatic Entry. Likewise, bank ACH transfers, Pay Friends transfers, verification or trial deposits from financial institutions, peer to peer transfers from services such as PayPal, Cash App, or Venmo, mobile check deposits, and cash loads or deposits do not qualify for an Automatic Entry. A federal tax refund direct deposit posting before the beginning of the Sweepstake Period is not a qualifying federal tax refund direct deposit. Any Automatic Entry determined to have been created as a result of an individual closing a Chime Spending Account and opening a new Chime Spending Account, whether issued by the same bank or by a different bank, will be disqualified.
Limit of one (1) Automatic Entry per Entrant during the entire Sweepstake Period
- Alternate Method of Entry:
To qualify for an AMOE, each prospective Entrant must:
Fill out the online AMOE Form, which can be found on the following website at https://www.chime.com/blog/tax-season-sweepstakes/ (“Website”). All Entrants are limited to one (1) AMOE per Entry Period.
Limit of one (1) AMOE per entrant during all Entry Periods other than the Entry Period during which the entrant may have qualified for an Automatic Entry.
- HOW TO OPT-OUT: Any Chime Member who wishes to opt-out of participation in the Sweepstake will be given the opportunity to do so by responding to an introductory email to be sent to all current Chime Members prior to the beginning of the Sweepstake Period or can email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to opt-out of the Sweepstake.
- HOW TO WIN:
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: At the end of each Weekly Drawing Period, Sponsor will randomly select two (2) potential winners from among all eligible Automatic and AMOE Entries received during each of the eleven (11) individual Entry Periods. The first Weekly Drawing Period ends on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 2:00 PM. The eleventh and final Weekly Drawing period ends on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 2:00 PM,
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNING and CLAIMING PRIZE: After each Weekly Drawing Period has concluded, Sponsor will send an email message from email@example.com to each potential winner between 2:00 PM Wednesday and 2:00 PM Thursday (“Winner Notification”). Once the email message has been sent by the Sponsor, the potential winner has 24-hours to reply, i.e., the 24-hour deadline to reply and claim the prize begins the moment Sponsor sends the Winner Notification. If not a Chime Member, the winner must reply within 24-hours of the Winner Notification being sent AND request and be approved for a new Chime Spending Account during the same 24-hour period.
- PRIZES: Eleven (11) winners will each receive: one (1) one-time deposit of $2,021.00 to their Chime Spending Account. If a Chime Member, i.e., a customer with an open Chime Spending Account, the deposit to the verified winner’s Chime Spending Account will occur within ten (10) business days of the end of the respective Winner Notification period (2:00 PM Wednesday to 2:00 PM Thursday); if not a Chime Member when selected, the individual will have 24 hours from the time Chime sends the Winner Notification to reply and request and be approved for a Chime Spending Account. If approved, one (1) one-time deposit of $2,021.00 will be made to the verified winner’s new Chime Spending Account within ten (10) business days of the end of the respective Winner Notification period (2:00 PM Wednesday to 2:00 PM Thursday). If the individual fails to respond or is not approved for a new Chime Spending Account, the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will randomly select another potential winner. There is no monetary cost associated with requesting a Chime Spending Account and winner is under no obligation to keep the Chime Spending Account open after the prize is deposited. Out-of-network cash withdrawal fees apply. The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all available prizes in the Sweepstake Period is $44,462.00. The prize pool for each Entry Period is $4,042.00.
Important: To receive a prize, the winner must be a Chime Spending Account holder (“Chime Member”). If a potential winner is not a Chime Member when selected, the winner must reply within 24-hours of the Winner Notification being sent AND request and be approved for a new Chime Spending Account during the same 24-hour period. If the winner fails to respond or is not approved for a new Chime Spending Account, the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will randomly select another potential winner. The new potential winner is subject to the same Winner Notification timeline described under this section 7. There is no cost to obtain a new Chime Spending Account and winner is under no obligation to keep the Chime Spending Account open after the prize is deposited. Out-of-network cash withdrawal fees apply.
- WINNER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Potential winners must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules in order to qualify for a prize. Furthermore, if the individual to whom Chime sends a Winner Notification is not a Chime Member when selected, the individual will have 24 hours from Chime sending the Winner Notification to request and be approved for a Chime Spending Account. Failure to respond within twenty-four (24) hours of Winner Notification being sent by Chime may result in disqualification, forfeiture of prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible; failure to get approved for a Chime Spending Account; is not in compliance with these Official Rules; declines to accept the prize; does not comply with Sponsor’s instructions; or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize is forfeited, then the prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the corresponding Entry Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prize for any reason. Each prize will only be awarded to a verified winner. Verification of weekly potential winners will occur following the end of each Winner Notification period (2:00 PM Wednesday to 2:00 PM Thursday). Any unclaimed prizes will be awarded in a random drawing to be held as necessary. Prize will be awarded once the potential winner responds to Sponsor with either the email address associated with their Chime Spending Account, or for non-Chime Members, the email address to be used to request a new Chime Spending Account.
Only prizes specified in the amounts indicated will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value should a prize or any component of a prize become unavailable. Except as specifically provided herein, all applicable taxes and usage charges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Credits of $600 or more will be reported on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax form 1099-MISC. If required by law, Sponsor or its agents shall require payment from winner of taxes to be remitted to the appropriate taxing authorities. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of prizes awarded. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded.
Upon deposit of the prize to the winner’s Chime Spending Account, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner with winner assuming full responsibility for the prize.
- LIMITATIONS ON WINNING: In addition to the one (1) prize per Entrant limit during the entire Sweepstake Period, there is a one (1) prize per Entrant limit across all Chime sweepstakes promotions conducted during 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 calendar year(s). Note: You are not a winner of any prize until you have been verified as a winner by the Sponsor.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Automatic and AMOE Entries received during the Entry Period.
- RIGHT OF PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstake constitutes each Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown, and statements made by or attributed to them, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and Internet), for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation, further payment, and/or consideration.
- MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By participating, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this Sweepstake. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure compliance with all of the conditions contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, incomplete entries, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Sweepstake Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstake, or any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstake. Sweepstake Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sweepstake Parties are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sweepstake Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstake. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstake, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors.
If for any reason, the Sweepstake is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstake Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstake, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstake or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Website and/or Sponsor’s website at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor may prohibit any Entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstake, if such Entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstake.
By participating in this Sweepstake, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sweepstake Parties and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees, from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly from: 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; or 2) participation in the Sweepstake or any prize related activities.
- ARBITRATION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstake, Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstake, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant’s residence; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstake), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstake, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA without regard to California’s choice of law rules.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain an official list of the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope to: Chime 2021 Tax Refund Sweepstakes List, Chime, PO Box 417, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received by May 20, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- OFFICIAL RULES: If you would like a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Chime 2021 Tax Refund Sweepstakes Official Rules Chime, PO Box 417, San Francisco, CA 94104. Vermont residents may omit the return postage. Requests received after the close of the Sweepstake Period will not be honored.
This sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by The Bancorp Bank, Stride Bank, N.A., or the Dallas Mavericks.
©2022 Chime Financial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Direct deposit your federal refund and you could win $2,021 is written by Chime Team for www.chime.com